Saturday, December 24, 2016

Saturday morning observations -- Week 16

Merry Christmas Eve, Fools! I hope each of you is having a wonderful holiday weekend and that you've taken care of your shopping so you can properly cheer on your squad today. For me, there's big money and a fierce rivalry on the line in our fantasy Super Bowl. I'm counting on winning numbers from Matt Ryan, David Johnson and others, but I'm going to have to overcome some tough matchups to walk away with the title in that league, which I've led from wire to wire.

But enough about me. We know what's at stake. Let's go on one more stroll across the NFL landscape...

The big receiver news of the day is that Julio Jones is back. This is great news for Ryan owners like me, but I'll be putting Taylor Gabriel back on my bench. I don't think he'll be a bust; I just have a couple of better/safer options.

The news is decidedly less optimistic for Cincinnati. Both A.J. Green and Tyler Eifert will sit tonight in Houston.

You may need to scratch Lamar Miller, too. His ankle has him listed as doubtful tonight. Alfred Blue would take the lead in Miller's absence.

Adrian Peterson has been ruled out, but you weren't going to start him anyway, right?

Melvin Gordon is out, so look for Kenneth Farrow and Ronnie Hillman to share the load in a great matchup with the Browns. That said, I think they conspire to cancel out each other's upside.

Matt Forte is doubtful today, leaving the backfield fully in Bilal Powell's hands. I still think Powell will find tough sledding against the Pats, but this news helps.

Good news for those counting on Andrew Luck: Donte Moncrief will be back from his hamstring injury.

Sammy Watkins will play for the Bills, but not for me. Just too risky for my blood.

The Redskins will be without Jordan Reed, who will be inactive today.

Randall Cobb won't play for the Packers.

That's it for now. Inactives and other late-breaking news to come via Twitter.

HUGE luck today, Fools. Go getcha a trophy (and a check)!

No comments:

Post a Comment