Sunday, September 26, 2010

Week 3 Sunday morning updates

Greetings, Fools. It's a cloudy day in Dallas, but it's always sunny in Fantasyland!

Here are some overnight developments to start your day. Remember to follow my tweets (@ladd_biro) for the inactives announcements and other breaking news.

Here's what we know so far:

The Chargers bumped Curtis Brinkley up from their practice squad to the 53-man roster, which seems to indicate the obvious...Ryan Mathews will be out. Mike Tolbert (pictured above) is a solid play this week.

The Denver Post says Buckhalter and Maroney will be rotated in Moreno's absence today. This latest report completes the full gamut of possibilities I've heard from various sources over the last two days: (a) Buckhalter will get the majority of carries; (b) the fully healthy Maroney will be featured, and now (c) they will rotate, presumably equally. Truth is, nobody knows, and if one player fumbles, or breaks out, that's what will determine the sharing. If I had to pick between the two, I'd roll with Buckhalter this week, simply because he has a little more experience with the team and he's likely to pull the start. But it's really a crapshoot. Against the Colts, though, there will be opportunities for one, or both, to shine.

We should get our first look at both Ladell Betts and rookie Chris Ivory in the Saints' game today. Both are contenders for the coveted backup role to oft-injured Pierre Thomas.

As if there was any doubt, Andre Johnson is active and will start as usual against the Cowboys.

Pierre Garcon did not travel with the team to Denver, so make sure he's (still) on your bench.

2 comments:

  1. lovin me some Austin Collie this week! You have Brees in a bunch of leagues, I have him in 2 of mine...who would you consider do be the best fill in off the waivers for week 10? well, I gambled and didn't pick up a decent backup, being a fellow Brees owner, that will be an important week...just wondering

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pleased to say I grabbed Mike Vick in two of those leagues, so I may not even wait till Week 10. I subbed Vick for Schaub in another league y'day (phew!).

    I thought Sanchez, Henne and Alex Smith all were nice bye-week options during the preseason. I still think those three, in that order, make sense, in terms of guys who may be available. But Orton would be even better if he's still out there.

    ReplyDelete