Sunday, September 17, 2017

Sunday morning updates -- Week 2

Good morning, Fools. I trust you're ready for another beautiful day in Fantasyland. Even if you are still mourning the loss of David Johnson.

I wasn't able to draft him, but I just plucked DJ off the waiver wire from the bonehead* who dropped him in one league. (*I acknowledge that we really won't know which of us is the bonehead for about 9-10 weeks.) Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to a more high-scoring weekend in Week 2, after both of my teams got off to a slow start in the opener (though I still managed to emerge 1-1).

But enough about me. Let's take our stroll through the NFL for the news we can use to make the right starting lineup decisions today.

One of the biggest questions, of course, is how the Arizona backfield touches shake out. My preliminary answer: Who cares? I wouldn't recommend starting any of their RBs (Kerwynn is likely to handle 1st and 2nd downs, plus the goal-line carries; Ellington will be the 3rd down/receiving back; Chris Johnson might get 3-4 touches). This game will be all about the passing attack for the Cardinals, assuming Carson Palmer and Larry Fitzgerald can get their creaking bones moving.

The other big question for me: Will Alex Smith, Kareem Hunt and Tyreek Hill have another great game this week against the Eagles? I don't own any of them, so I would sure like to see them come back down to earth. And while Hunt and Hill are must-starts until they prove otherwise, don't plan to ride either one to another easy fantasy win today.

Sam Bradford has not been moving around much, so far, in pre-game warm-ups, due to his tender knee. Now Case Keenum appears to be preparing for the start. I'm certainly not jumping on the Bradford Bandwagon after one stellar game against the hapless Saints defense. But I was planning to start Adam Thielen against the Steelers. I've just made a switch, and depending on your other options, recommend you do the same.

Hey, Jordan Howard owners: Are you nervous yet? You should be! Not only is your guy banged up (shoulder), but some rookie named Tarik Cohen is nipping at his heels. Howard is expected to play today, but it seems logical that Cohen will be given an even greater share of the touches against the Bucs. Especially in the passing game. I grabbed Cohen in both my leagues, and you bet I'm flexing him.

Everyone expects Jay Cutler to favor DeVante Parker over Jarvis Landry, but I'm not so sure. Landry is more sure-handed and he's a higher-percentage target than Parker, the speedster. That said, Landry has been dealing with swelling in his knee, and the Dolphins are facing a solid secondary today. So I'm not expecting much from any member of this trio.

Odell Beckham, Jr., will likely be a game-time decision again. But unlike last week, his arrow is pointing up for Monday night's game. There's still risk holding a spot for him unless you have another option, but I would probably take my chances this time.

That's it for today. I'll be tweeting inactives and other late-breaking news soon. Good luck today, Fools!

No comments:

Post a Comment