Sunday, July 14, 2013

It's good to be back, Dallas!

Nearly a decade ago, I sent an email to the sports editor of The Dallas Morning News recommending that they start covering the growing fantasy football phenomenon and offering my services as a freelance contributor.  He eventually gave me a call, said he liked the ideas I offered, asked for some sample columns...and the rest is history.

Since then, I've been blessed to win some awards and have expanded my footprint to some of the top newspapers across the nation, as well as Sporting News magazine.

Now, a couple years after budget cutbacks at the Morning News sent my column to the cutting-room floor, I'm proud to announce that I'll be returning online at Dallasnews.com this season.

It's good to be back where it all started, and in my hometown paper where I belong.

My weekly columns will begin once the NFL preseason officially kicks off.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you Ladd. I'll look forward to those articles in what is my home town paper too.
    Bushwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW Ladd, you have an enviable job writing about fantasy football. Albeit, I'm sure that's not all you do for a living, but that's a nice gig to have.

    Here we go baby. Out annual passion returns. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I wish this was how I made my living. Not even close. But thanks. It's a fun gig anyway.

    ReplyDelete