Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sunday morning updates -- Week 13

Good morning, Fools.

This is it.  The last weekend of the regular season for most of us.  For many, it's win and in.  For others, it's one and done.  Sadly, we left some of our comrades behind weeks ago.

For those of us still playing for keeps, or even just pride, let's see what's up around the league as we prepare for today's games.

Obviously, the top story of the day centers on the tragedy in Kansas City.  The Chiefs will surely play with heavy hearts, and all of us share their sorrow.  What a terrible story...

Jonathan Stewart won't play for the Panthers in that game, due to his high ankle sprain.  As I said earlier this week, I don't trust DeAngelo Williams; but I do like Cam's chances in this one.

It's not official yet, but it appears that Darren McFadden will sit another game out.  That's great news for Marcel Reece owners.  Get him back in your lineup.

Last week's ankle injury wasn't bad enough to keep Matt Forte out of the lineup.  That said, I still like Michael Bush's chances to get in the end zone again, and tack on more yardage than usual.

DeMarco Murray is expected to make his return in tonight's tilt, though it's expected that the Cowboys will ease him back in.  I've been waiting patiently, just like many of you, for Murray to get back on the field; but I'm not taking any chances with him in my lineup this weekend.  Ditto for Miles Austin (hip), who remains questionable for tonight.


Percy Harvin is out again.  Rookie Jarius Wright will be the biggest beneficiary of his absence; but that don't impress me much.  (My apologies for the Shania Twain reference.)

Pierre Garcon is expected to play again on Monday night, and I like his chances against the G-men.

Greg Jennings is active.  Let's see how he holds up before trusting him in our lineups.  Flower Mound's own Donald Driver goes to the inactive list now that Jennings is back.

Our decision has been made easy for us regarding Danny Amendola.  He's inactive.

I'll be counting on a big game from Aaron Hernandez today.  I suggest you do, too.

Okay, that's it for now.  On to the inactive reports.  Make sure you're following my tweets (www.twitter.com/ladd_biro) for all the late-breaking news throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment