Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sunday morning updates -- Week 12

Good morning, Fools. It's getting chilly here in DFW, but the sun is out and all is well in Fantasyland.

I'm still grieving over the loss of my beloved Dolphins on Thanks-giving here in Dallas. The recovery process has been especially long since I am surrounded by evil Cowboys fans (not including my daughter, who at least felt my pain after Dan Bailey's winning kick), but I'm ready to soldier on with my fantasy teams today. I hope you are, too. Here's the news you can use...

The following have already been ruled out: Adrian Peterson, Michael Vick, Kevin Kolb and Ahmad Bradshaw. Not that it matters, but so has Chad Ochocinco (hamstring).

LT will sit out another game, leaving the Jets backfield to Shonn Greene and the up-and-coming Joe McKnight.

I'm not a fan of the Patriots backfield, mostly because there are too many good-not-great options. And now it sounds like another back will be added to the rotation, if Bill Belichick is to be believed (and usually, he isn't). Shane Vereen is slated for more action beginning today. The rookie is arguably the most explosive of the bunch, so he would be worth keeping an eye on. If you have a bench slot open for fresh legs that could be useful down the stretch, Vereen is someone to consider.

I'll be watching CJ Spiller closely today. This is his chance to finally live up to his first-round expectations.

Look for a 3-headed backfield in Cleveland today, with the expected return of Peyton Hillis. Hardesty and Ogbannaya will remain in the mix, too, against a stout Bengals run defense. If you didn't like them before, you've gotta hate 'em now.

Andre Johnson finally returns for the Texans. Unfortunately, he'll have to track down balls from Matt Leinart. I would probably start him if I owned him, but I wouldn't expect very good returns in his first game back in weeks.

AJ Green and Julio Jones are expected to play as well.

That's it for now. Make sure you're following me on Twitter (@ladd_biro) for all the inactives and other late-breaking news. Good luck, Fools!

No comments:

Post a Comment