Friday, January 15, 2010

Chief Fool a finalist for best humor article


I thought you'd like to know that one of my columns is a finalist for "Fantasy Humor Article of the Year" in the annual Fantasy Sports Writers Association Awards.

What? You're surprised there's an association for fantasy writers? Yeah, I was too a couple years back. But I guess we shouldn't be. After all, there's an association for everything, including other associations!

I'm not certain which column is up for the award since I don't know which of my publication clients nominated me, but I'm guessing it's my Real Men of Genius spoof from October 2.

Anyway, I figured I'd better let you know now in case I don't win! The Awards will be presented at the FSWA's national conference in Vegas on January 26th. I won't be there, but I've asked Steve Martin to accept on my behalf.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, but not planning any new articles for awhile. Time for a break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, 1/26 has come and gone. Were you victorious "Mr. Set Your line up on Friday and walk away Guy"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, no. Thanks for asking. Some bum from RotoWorld, who probably had Polaroids of the judges in compromising positions, scooped me. Oh well... As they say, it was an honor to be nominated!

    ReplyDelete