Sunday, December 7, 2014

Sunday morning Foolishness -- Week 14

Good morning, Fools! It's a great day for the first round of the fantasy playoffs. And may I add, a great day to be a Baylor Bear... I am realistic enough to know that we aren't going to make the college football playoffs, but I certainly expect to be #5 ahead of #6 TCU.

Can you imagine a sports world in which head-to-head doesn't matter? If you win your matchup by 3 points today but your opponent had a better regular-season record than you, should he/she move on ahead of you anyway? Puh-leeze. That's why we play the games!

Anyway, I digress. Here's what we need to know to set our winning lineups for the day:

If you're counting on Rashad Jennings, I feel for you. It appears that he will suit up, but according to reports, his playing time will depend on how his ankle reacts. If it holds up well, he'll play more. If he gets gimpy, he'll sit down. So there's a good deal of risk associated with him, and therefore with his backup, Andre Williams.

Jerick McKinnon has been placed on IR and is done for the season due to a back injury, leaving Minnesota's backfield in the hands of some combination of Matt Asiata, Ben Tate and Joe Banyard. We'll see how it unfolds today, but last week's results weren't pretty. I'd keep my distance for now.

Looks like Andre Ellington is also out for the duration thanks to his injuries. Again, we'll get a glimpse into the Cardinals' backfield plans today; but I'm not investing in any of those backs now. Stepfan Taylor will start, but Marion Grice will see some action as well. Not sure at this point about Michael Bush's status. At least they're expecting Larry Fitzgerald back today.

Isaiah Crowell will be a game-time decision. I like his prospects if he plays.

Shonn Greene will be out, leaving the Titans' backfield in Bishop Sankey's rookie hands.

There's a good chance DeSean Jackson (shin) won't play today. We'll know soon enough.

And if you missed the announcement on Friday, Brandon Marshall is gone for the season with ribs and lung injuries. 

Roddy White is expected to suit up on Monday night. Everyone else I've seen out there seems to think the Falcons are going to have success through the air; but I just don't buy it. I don't like Matty Ice in this frigid matchup, despite the irony of his nickname. I think he'll freeze up and be pretty terrible. And the Packers' defense can bring the pressure and be very opportunistic. But hey, I've been wrong before.

Jordan Cameron (concussion) has finally been cleared to play. That's the second bit of good news that Brian Hoyer's gotten this week.

There you go. That's it for now. I'm off to Twitter for the inactives and other late-breaking news. Now, go act like Baylor and kick some butt today!

No comments:

Post a Comment