Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunday morning scattershooting

Good morning, Fools.  I trust you are having a great, long weekend. 

Let's see what we need to know for the remaining games of Week 12.

First, on Monday night, we know that both Vick and Shady are out due to their respective concussions, leaving Nick Foles under center (yuck) and Bryce Brown starting at RB (interesting).  As I said in Thursday's column, don't expect much from the Eagles receivers.  And yes, you gotta love the Panthers defense this week.

It will be interesting to see what rookie Ronnie Hillman and third-stringer Jalen Parmele can do as starting RBs for the Broncos and Jaguars, respectively, today.  I'm actually fairly high on both of them.

Both RunDMC (Darren McFadden) and Mike Goodson will sit out with bum ankles, leaving the Raiders backfield in the versatile hands of Marcel Reece.  I like his chances today in Cincinnati.  Not too high on Oakland's aerial attack in this one, though.

Beanie Wells is returning from his turf toe injury today.  I've received a lot of tweets asking about starting him over "so-and-so."  So-and-so always gets my vote.  I don't trust Beanie when he's fully healthy, much less in his first game back from a seven-week absence.  His return is bad news for LaRod Stephens-Howling as well.

We also know that Jay Cutler will start for Chicago, which gives a nice boost to Forte and Marshall -- not that we wouldn't have started them anyway.

Percy Harvin did not travel with the team to Chicago, so I wouldn't expect much from any Viking whose initials aren't A.P.

I don't own Julio Jones (ankle); but if I did, I'd start him against the Bucs' woeful secondary.  That is, unless I was completely stocked at WR.  But you don't have to go far down the list before you get to a receiver who's no match for Julio at 80-90%.  There's just too much upside there to ignore.  Word is that the pace of the game will dictate how much action Julio gets.  And methinks Michael Turner won't go anywhere against that run D; so passing will be the order of the day.

Antonio Brown claims that he will suit up today, but Pittsburgh's beat writers aren't buying it.  I would love to see him get out there and get a game under his belt.  But I wouldn't risk him in my starting lineup this weekend.

Don't expect to see Danny Amendola today.  His foot injury is expected to sideline him for at least a game.  Could be good news for Brandon Gibson, if you're looking for a flier.

Okay, Fools, that's it for the morning updates.  Inactive reports are coming now (www.twitter.com/ladd_biro), and then I've gotta scoot for church.  I'll answer as many tweets as I can before I roll.  Good luck to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment