Friday, July 22, 2011

Wassup, Windy City?

Nealy lost in the hoopla over the ratification of the new CBA by the NFL owners -- and the players' refusal to be rushed into voting on the deal -- was the news that the prestigious Chicago Sun-Times has elected to carry The Fantasy Fool in its pages beginning this season.

I'm excited and honored to break into the Windy City for the first time with my weekly columns, and I'm looking forward to welcoming a new generation of Fools to the dark side.

My first column -- covering the Rookie Class of 2011 -- is slated to run in all my papers (and on this blog) on Monday, August 8. My first round of positional rankings will appear a week later.

Yes, it's time to hit the books! And this August should be even more fun than normal, with potentially 100 or more big names seeking greener pastures in free agency.

The team to watch? Tampa Bay. They have not only had two excellent draft classes in a row, but they have roughly $60 million of salary cap room that they must spend. Don't be surprised if they scoop up two or three of the top free agents right out of the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment